Thursday, January 05, 2017

Random Thought -12/29/16

I have thoughts. Sometimes they are worth sharing. Other times, not so much. Oh well...

I recently read Mara Wilson's memoir, Where Am I Now?  If you don't know who Mara is, she is the actress who played Matilda and the little girl in Mrs. Doubtfire. Her memoir was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

I read a lot of memoirs, particularly celebrity memoirs.

I am usually an entertaining person, outgoing and funny, and have considered writing my own memoir. But, here's my question... What do I have to offer?

What in my life has been interesting or entertaining enough to hold a reader's attention? That one time when we moved out of our apartment for a weekend because we had to bug-bomb it for roaches, and the fact that I will forever remember that apartment for that smell? Or the time I spent an hour making some friends laugh with the blow-by-blow of my annual gynecological check up? Or maybe the time that I was chosen with a group of my college choir buddies to sing with Mariah Carey when she performed at our school, only to be told that Mariah choose to fly in a gospel choir and how most of us turned down the free tickets we were offered? Or maybe...

0 comments: