Wednesday, January 04, 2017

In 2016 I…

(Idea borrowed from Katieleigh @ Cakes, Tea and Dreams)

In 2016 I…


  • Survived (hey, we all get credit for that)!
  • Stuck through a worrisome company merger with a positive outlook.
  • Produced a successful and safe summer program season for the Boston Conservatory, giving several hundred children an amazing and irreplaceable arts experience.
  • Read 38 books, not quite meeting my goals but remaining happy with my efforts.
  • Managed to maintain my enjoyment of and my desire to continue blogging, despite a stressful, busy year and limited energy and time to do so.
  • Lived through the most embarrassing, stressful, and heartbreaking election in (my) history and managed to do so without losing all hope for our country. Don't get me wrong, there is still fear...much fear. But there is also expectation (impeachment) and much hope that it will happen in time for our wonderful country will be able to bounce back. Oh alright...and also the hope that our president elect will offer something positive to our beautiful country during his term, however long that may be.
  • Spent Thanksgiving in an hospital ER (while simultaneously hosting Thanksgiving dinner), but started what I hope is a journey toward healing for life-long intestinal issues.
  • Managed to keep my mother-in-law's 30-year old plant alive after it came to live with us, despite a very rocky few months (seriously stressful).
  • Performed multiple times over the summer with my divas, continuing a decade plus long love affair with a Capella music and the sisterhood of Purely Vocals.
  • Continued efforts to expand my knowledge and experience of photography skills.
  • Continued to love and care for two active, adorable kitties who continue to light up the world.


0 comments: