Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Goodbye 2018 (and good riddance)!


In 2018 I…

  • Read only 14 books. (Enter embarrassment emoticon here. For someone like me, that perhaps best shows my frame of mind last year. If I am not reading - I am not centered, not truly living.)
  • Produced yet another amazing summer season of arts experiences for high school students. And then saw a shift of those duties to another group in our organization (a blessing and a loss), as well as a shift in my anticipated duties moving forward. Exciting changes!
  • Lost (or removed) more than one Facebook friend due to my "attention" to the state of our beloved country and my willingness to call bullshit as needed. No regrets.
  • Celebrated my husband's 60th birthday with a surprise party that truly took him by surprise.
  • Continued a journey toward healing long-experienced intestinal issues with some success and some failure. Still a work in progress.
  • Happily accepted the opportunity to return to Ireland with my diva-sisters, Purely Vocals, this January to perform in the 20th anniversary Shannonside Winter Music Festival. More to come soon! 
  • Discovered a love for art and drawing, previously ignored art forms, and purchased a ridiculous amount of supplies so that I can dabble in graphite, charcoal, colored pencil, pastels and water color. OK, my new found love might actually be buying art supplies...but the drawing part is fun too. Again, more to come.
  • Saw Dar Williams live, a long-time favorite of mine, for the first time. 
  • Celebrated my fifth-wedding anniversary. (Update: Ooops...sixth!)
  • Watched two active, adorable kittens come out of their shells and become amazing adult cat companions...and discovered the hard way what "redirected aggression" means (all seems fine now).
  • Started learning to play the ukelele after years of not quite getting the hang of the guitar.

It was a rough year, but also just a step on the path to what lies ahead.


”What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet.” – Anne Frank








1 comments:

Jeane said...

Well, I hope you find time to read more this year! But your other endeavors sound worthwhile, too of course. Will you post pics of some of your art? Polarizing issues make us see who our real friends are, don't they.