Thursday, January 03, 2019

Still crazy after all of these years...

Hello blogverse!

How the heck are ya?!

It's been...a while, hasn't it? And yet, I am drawn back to you all. Drawn back to writing. To reading. To sharing. And the fact that 75 of you are still listed as following me shows me that:

a) you are "still crazy" too!
b) you are really, really lazy and never unfollow old blogs, or
c) you are still interested in my babble (hoping, fingers crossed)

When I went silent a couple of years back, one of the biggest issues was that I was unable to access this blog without logging out of my Google work accounts. Therefore I wasn't able to easily blog (during lunch of course), like I had done in the past. But today, for some reason, it worked! Maybe a new laptop has something to do with that, not sure. But here I am!

Another issue was time. Work-wise, there were no free hours in the day, by evening I was spent, and very few weekends when I wasn't overbooked. I took to watching YouTube rather than reading (seriously, in 2018 I read, gulp, 14 books!). It was easier. But things have finally shifted, hopefully for the better, and I see calmer waters.

I never was a fast reader, and in the past I worried constantly that the blog wasn't enough. Not enough reviews, enough book info, etc. But recently, after visiting a few of my remaining favorite blogs, I realized that I really enjoyed reading about the bloggers' lives more than just the book stuff. 


So... time for that new start!

Moving into 2019, I am resolving to start blogging again. Yes, books will definitely play a role (I WILL read more than 14 books this year!). But I am not going to stress about the content. I will happily blog about everything going on in my life and hope that you find that just as interesting ( a girl's book bag can contain more than books, right?!). Nor am I going to constantly stress about the timing of my blogs. Some weeks it will be more than one, others perhaps none, and that will be just fine.

I will be like an old *blogger* friend...who pops in every once in a while to say "hi", to chat about life, and books, and whatever comes up. 

Here's to an amazing 2019!



0 comments: