Thursday, April 25, 2019

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and not so bookish bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise.




1. The condo is officially as ready as its going to be! We passed the keys on to a real estate agent this past weekend and expect multiple open houses this coming weekend. Hopefully by next week it will be in escrow and moving on to its next happy owner. Sad...it is where my husband proposed. But glad...one last item on our plate to worry about and a little more cushion in the retirement account.

2. You know when you start reading a book and are really enjoying it...and then you go, "Huh...this sounds vaguely familiar. Did I already read this?!" And, in fact, you did. But you are enjoying the read so much its like, "Eh, whatever!" and you keep reading? Yeah, that!

3. Remember that comment about my phone being a friend?! Well, sometimes friends are...

a challenge. 

I decided that I wanted to upgrade my SD micro storage card. Well, over a week later, I gave up! The files would upload to the card and then just mysteriously disappear. Seriously. Here one day, gone the next!  Hours of wasted time. Calls to customer service were unsuccessful. There are some comments about it on the web, but no resolutions (none that worked for me). I returned to my smaller card and am sifting through the music on there, cleaning up and ridding of what is not listened to, doubled, etc. Disappointing, to say the least.

4. Carpal tunnel update...my doc is sending me to a hand surgeon. Boo! They will likely have to start with cortisone injections, rather than just jump right to hand surgery, for insurance purposes (try the cheaper option first). But I think I am bordering on permanent damage, so...gotta do what ya gotta do. I begin my journey May 10th.

5. This Sunday, April 23rd, is the 5th annual Independent Bookstore Day. Be sure to get out there and support those awesome folks who love books as much as you do!

Also, http://www.indiebookstoreday.com/ is hosting a Twitter party Thursday, April 25, at 10 a.m Pacific; join them in using the hashtag #BookstoreDay.

6. Easter was a relatively low key event on my end. Brunch with family. No young children, so no big effort but always good food and laughs. Hope your day was just as enjoyable, whether you celebrate Easter or not.



0 comments: