Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and not so bookish bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise.


1. Been busy the last few weeks and haven't had a chance to check in...

I spent Mother's Day with a stomach bug, texting my mothers (birth and step) from the ER. All was fine and I was sent home after a strong dose of potassium replenishment. No children myself, but my the kitties gave me a card and flowers!

2. I finished Reese Witherspoon's Whiskey in a Teacup in early May, but haven't had much energy or interest in anything since. I started about four different books in the past few weeks and nothing has stuck. Suggestions?

3. Hubby and I have spent multiple weekends recently "taking back the house". Last year was so busy for me between work and Purely Vocals prep for Ireland, I literally had maybe one weekend off between June and October. Over the holidays we moved a bunch of junk from the "man-cave" to the rarely-used dining room and, yes, it took him until June to clean it up. But he wanted to have friends over for dinner, so it had to be done. It took about two days, but we did it along with a major dust/vacuum/decluttering effort (I clean weekly, but with two cats and a husband it's never done).

Then, over Memorial Day weekend I motivated and started cutting back and cleaning up the yard (no cutting or leaf removal occurred last year at all, it was a disaster). I got through the front and most of the side yard, but I ran out of time and energy (and yard bags). The backyard still desperately needs attention. The neighbor is literally putting up a fence...

(I think/hope that has more to do with his very young child, haha).

I will get to it as soon as I possibly can, but I've got a few busy weekends to face first.

4. This weekend, I am headed to Connecticut for another girl's/Purely Vocals rehearsal weekend. We've got a gig on Sunday and a few others coming soon, so we want to be sure we are ready. Plus, we've got plans for a big yard sale very soon to complete the declutter process and open up the side-porch. Best laid plans...

5. I've got a neurological study scheduled in a couple of weeks to determine if my carpal tunnel is wrist related, or perhaps connected to neck issues, pinched nerve type of thing. My money is on boring, old carpal tunnel which will require shots or surgery, rather than some nice PT and massages.

6. So have you heard Amazon removed books for sale promoting bleach as a cure for Autism?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! I. Just. Can't.

7. After more than a year of using an iPad with a dead battery (read plugged in at all times) I finally bit the proverbial bullet and bought a new tablet. I've had two iPads and both batteries lasted only about two years. So I decided to branch out and bought a Surface Pro 6 (complete with keyboard and fancy pen). I am a diehard Android user, so why I was hanging on to a iPad is beyond me. But the process of the switchover is a long one. The apps are called different things in Windows and the set up is more work than an iPad. But once its done, it should function much the same (minus a few apps)...and has capabilities that an iPad makes much more difficult.

8. I finally found those darned colored pencil books after about three weeks of searching. They were put away safely in a bookcase... Now why didn't I think of that?!?!



0 comments: