Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and not so bookish bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise.


Reading slumps suck man! But my fall-back is to return to children's books, which are short, easy reads. Thankfully I have a bookcase full of children's books, most of which I have never read. Even though I am no longer teaching, I have been unable to get rid of them. I recently found my way over there and have been able to get through several in the past couple weeks. I am just beginning to feel like, perhaps I could move on to something more fulfilling.

Despite that, I have decided to challenge myself to read my way through the Nancy Drew series. I am about four books in. I don't own them all, but I don't really need to read them in order do I?

I finally got around to starting the backyard clean up. I was aggressive, but it looks much better. There is still more to do. So much cutting back and tons of clean up. I was hoping to finish this weekend, but there is a rainy weekend brewing. Saturday morning may be the only chance I get.

Our yard sale keeps getting pushed back and back... By the time we get to it, the summer will be over and the opportunity to reclaim the side-porch will be over. But I am determined to get it done and eat dinner on the porch at least once this summer!

'Nough said, am I right?!?!














So, the update seems to be...boring, old carpal tunnel. No surprises. I have been using a wrist support and trying to minimize the effects as much as possible to avoid cortisone shots or surgery (which both sound horrible). The long term results aren't promising, but I'm doing what I can.

0 comments: