Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and not so bookish bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise.


1. The HBO series is over, but the Game of Thrones author says he still has two books to go, which include no plans to change the ending. Fans are outraged. Readers are incensed. I am...

Totally not caring one bit. Sorry, I never got into the whole thing, TV or written. Snore.

2. Yard Sales are great!

Whether buying or selling, yard sales are my idea of a good time. After several trips to the basement to gather and forage, hubby and I have gotten together a pretty good stash of sale items. The porch is full, the dining room is filling up. Craigslist post is up. A quick stop at CVS for colored poster board and we will be ready to go.

Saturday is the plan. Of course, it's supposed to be a measly 99-101 degrees this Saturday, but hopefully the humidity will be light and we will get the crowds early.

Hanging on the porch during vacation, reading a book and drinking ice tea - here I come!!

3. Yes, you heard that right. I am headed into two full weeks of vacation! I've got a bunch of doctors appointments planned, but hopefully it's stressless and restful. I would like to break out some of those art supplies I've been buying and read through some of the hundreds of books I sifted through when gathering yard sale items.

4. Yes, I literally went through *almost* every book in the house, hundreds (oy, the dust!). I've got perhaps a couple of shelves left...and I may just do those too! I made some tough decisions about those children's books, which I will never read and no longer need. I kept the classics, but am selling/donating the rest. The adult books I was less aggressive with, but I did pick out quick a few that I just have no interest in anymore, already read, were ill-suited gifts, or in some cases I don't even remember how they came into the house.

5. The yard is officially cut back, though there is still clean up that needs to be done (I ran out of yard bags). It really needs a good mow (hubby's job), but I am doubtful this will happen before the weekend. Sorry yard-salers, you're going to have to push through the weeds.

6. I also gathered all the beer bottles that hubby has collected over our ten years in this house, all stashed on the porch, and made a trip to the liquor store. They now have those same bottle/can return machines the grocery store does. Who knew?! And, I returned every last blessed one. Good riddance.

And then, I bought myself ice cream with the loot!

7. Counterfeiting of books on Amazon is a thing?! Since when? I mean, yeh, I guess that makes sense. But I've never heard of it actually happening. Have you?

0 comments: