Monday, May 14, 2012

Salon Sunday - 05/13/12



It's been quite a while since I've done a Sunday post, but now is as good a time as any! 


After completing the A to Z Challenge in April, I was all psyched to blog...but life (read that WORK) got so busy, with graduation coming up this weekend and all the business of the end of the budget year, etc. I've just been too exhausted to blog, but I am determined to become more reliable and a new Sunday Salon post is about the perfect way to start! 

Here goes: 

Outside my window: Sunny, beautiful, 80's. Life is good. Tomorrow, Monday, its supposed to rain YET AGAIN. Is it April or May?! 

I am listening to: The television, as I get showered and dressed before I run out for a performance this afternoon. 

I am reading: Following Atticus, by Tom Ryan; Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley (trying at least); and an old textbook from college called As the Beat Goes On, which is about the growth of contemporary music. And about a hundred blogs, of course. 

I am going to read: I had a great, GREAT library trip this week (watch for my post later this week) and I think my next read will be Inzanesville by Jo Ann Beard, maybe... 

On the Blog: As noted, not much going on... 

Around the Book Blogosphere: Even when I'm busy, I'm able to keep up with blogs pretty well (though my regular reading suffers) because I read them via my smarphone and Google Reader. Lots going on...just wish I could keep up! 

I am thinking: That we really, really need to remove this horrendous, poisonous 50 year old shag rug this summer...and paint all the rooms...and paint the outside...oh crap, I'm gonna be late for my show! 

I am grateful for: Many things, but especially the mothers in my life. And my husband and kitty-baby. Always. 

Around the house: Too much... Just too much. Floors, painting, flower beds outside, new area rugs, bug yard sale this summer to *hopefully* clean out our cute, little porch (current storage shed)... The list is endless in a newly bought, neglected home. 

In the kitchen: Paint, flooring, new appliances... Oh, you meant cooking?! Uh, that's the hubby's job, not mine. So...microwaveable. 

High of the Week: My birthday (and a brand-new, fluffy, terrycloth robe...I was using one that was given to me by my best friend from high school, who got it from her mom, who...appropriated...it from a Hilton Hotel! Need I say more?!). 

Low of the Week:  

Family Matters: Hubby kindly tread lightly around my PMS and provided me with a quiet Cinco de Mayo dinner on my birthday at home and then we just watched TV and chilled. Good man! 

The coming week: Yikes...crazy work days! Graduation at Tufts this weekend, but first a luncheon for grads and their parents Saturday, all of my own planning, prep and clean up. Yet another marathon Board meeting at the theater, yes I'm dreading it (I love the theater, I hate the three hours meetings). 

Words of Wisdom:  
"The highest reward for a person’s toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it." -John Ruskin  

Have a great week, everyone!

0 comments: