Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday Faves - 12/21/12



 
Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's Friday so that makes it time to look back over our week and look for those things we are grateful for. It may be big or it may be small and you have to dig for it, but there are always things we can be thankful for. Please join us as we share our favorite five. If you need the guidelines they are here


 
1. Second Chances. Still very thankful for the second chance my family got! Dad is home and doing well, tired but well. Thank you!!!
2.  Health and Happiness. Last week was a big ole's mess of the flu with 102+ temperatures, a death in the family, and a school shooting. A tough week! This week has been healthier and happier, thank goodness.

3. Vacation. As of 5pm today, I am officially on vacation until January 2nd. Yippee!!

4. Ireland!  Counting the days until Ireland. Nervous about the travel, but excited as well. Less than a month!

5.Holiday Parties. Last weekend, my parents had their annual holiday party. Everyone had a wonderful time. I just love holiday parties. They really put me into the holiday mood. I'd even go so far as to say that, now that I am an adult with no children, they are my favorite part of the holiday season!



Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas! 








2 comments:

Faith said...

oh wow! you're going to Ireland?? Are you a teacher? am just wondering based on your vacation time. I'm a teacher and our last day was today and we go back on the 2nd.
Yes, the tragedy in CT was horrific. So disturbing...at ANY time of the year but especially more so at this time I think. I am so thankful we can put our trust in Christ this CHRISTMAS!!

Susanne said...

Glad your Dad is doing well. Sorry to hear of the death in your family.

Enjoy your time off and Merry Christmas!