Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 02/05/13


toptenTop Ten Tuesday is a list feature that was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they give you a different question or topic where you can answer by listing your top ten choices.
 
This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Best Bookish Memories (waiting in line for a new release, meeting an author, or some sort of great experience with a particular book that was unlike others)


1. Big Little Kitty - The first book I remember... I cried when the kitty left home and was all alone in the world, but was so very happy to see him return home to his mommy. It still makes me tear up, to this day.

2. Library trips during school - There was nothing better than skipping math or social studies to visit the school library and have books read to you. And to get to take them home for free...heaven!



3. My first "real" library trip - Goodness, I loved this building so!! With a single, working mother and an older sister who had no time for me, I visited here so often... I wanted to just move into a back room and stay forever. Interestingly, every time I see a specific house in my town, I state how much I love it...and it looks a whole lot like this building!

4. Tommyknockers - Unlike any other book I had ever read, this book scared the crappity out of me! I had to put it down several times to get through it. What fun!

5. Wifey - Who knew my beloved Judy Blume did more than children's books?! What a learning experience, wink, wink, you naughty girl!

6. Rebecca - I don't remember what it was...I just remember being floored by it. I loved that book.

7. To Kill a Mockingbird - Proof that not all classics and assigned reading had to be slumber inducing - a life changing book.

8. Harry Potter - So unlike me...young adult, series, magic and weird boring stuff like that, but what fun it was!

9. My first blog award - Enjoyed less for the acclaim and more so because it indicated someone was actually reading. Thank you! "You love me, you really do!"

10. Every morning - Waking and knowing that something wonderful and bookish awaits me...


0 comments: