Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Tuesday Tunes - 06/04/13



A great lyric is like a great book...

Have you seen the recent Yahoo News of Barry Williams, AKA Greg Brady, singing The Real Greg Brady (to the tune of Eminem's The Real Slim Shady) at the recent "Brady reunion"?

Is it really a reunion when only three of the ten/plus regular cast needed a job badly enough to take part?

But I am an avid Brady fan...so, after my initial moans, I did a little research and turns out, this is a whole, real song - not just Barry messing around!  And, the lyrics are pretty clever after all!



The Real Greg Brady
Barry Williams, Artist




Greg Brady - Barry Williams - Greg Brady - Barry Williams
(Greg, Greg, Greg)
May I have your attention please?
(Marcia, Marcia, Marcia)
I repeat - May I have your attention please?
Will the Real Greg Brady please stand up?
That’s me, of course, Barry Williams
Greg Brady - Barry Williams - Greg Brady - Barry Williams

Uh oh, we’re gonna have a problem here...
Y’all act like you’ve never seen a real Brady before.

Bell bottoms, polyester, headbands, orange hair
Was it permed, was it real, hey who the **** cares?
Here’s the story, here’s the story of a guy named ME
Greg Brady, Barry Williams, don’t you know we were the real "That 70’s show"
And oh, Alice oh, prepared Sam’s meat for free..you know what I mean.

It’s the "Return of Johnny Bravo"
Wait, no wait, you’re kidding, he didn’t just say what I think he did, did he?
And Mike Brady said...nothing you idiots, like Tiger, he’s dead.
Cindy had a lisp (Greg Brady) "I’m sick of him, look at him walkin’ around
Wearin’ his Tiki god, surfin’ and wipin’ out."
"Yeah, but he’s so cute though."

It was cool for a while bein’ a teenage star
And now the Brady name can only go so far.
I’m doin’ stuff that’s new, but I’m Greg Brady too.
Football into Marcia’s nose, sing the chorus and it goes!

(1st chorus)
I’m Greg Brady, yes I’m the real Brady
All the other Greg Brady’s are just irritatin’
So if you ain’t Greg Brady please shut up, please shut up, please shut up
Cuz, I’m Greg Brady and I did ladies more than any fake Brady
So stop your imitatin’
Yes, I’m the real Greg Brady, I grew up, I grew up, please shut up.

It was so much fun makin’ that show for you
And then writin’ my book too - tellin’ who was banging who.
It was all TV, wasn’t real, just play
Back then we couldn’t say that the Dad was really gay
Or that my Mom on TV was datin’ ME. Tee Hee!

It was groovy, far out, outtasite, but any night you light up a TV
And see some wannabe tryin’ to be me. (Greg Brady) Just be sure you know
There ain’t no show without me, Barry Williams, Johnny Bravo,
(Greg Brady) The Cassanova (Greg Brady) of Clinton Avenue (Greg Brady)
I got A/K/A’s comin’ out the wazoo.
And I dig Eminem...and Clark Bars too.

I was the oldest kid and I was young and cute.
I wouldn’t never do toot, and I still fit that suit!
I’m here to stay, and if you get in my way,
You can cram it where there ain’t no "Sunshine Day," Hey!

(2nd chorus)
I’m Greg Brady, yes I’m the real Brady
All you other Greg Brady’s are not syndicated
So if you ain’t Greg Brady please shut up, please shut up, please shut up.
Cuz, I’m Greg Brady and I did ladies more than any fake Brady
I was slim AND shady!
So if you ain’t Greg Brady please shut up, don’t suck up, please grow up.

(Spoken)
I gotta get out of this time warp
How did I get stuck in this box in the upper right corner, anyway?

(Backstreet mix)
I was a teen idol before the Backstreet Boys were born
I was a boy band...By MYSELF!

(Kid of Rock mix)
I was the Kid of Rock when Kid Rock was just a Kid and
Uncle Kracker was somebody’s nephew!

(Chronic mix)
Used to be Chronic wasn’t something you fired up, but like
Dr. Dre, and Snoop...I’ve popped a few 40’s in my day!

I’d love to stay, but gotta go ’cause something suddenly came up.

(Slam!)

0 comments: