Friday, September 30, 2011

FIR '11: #1 - 09/28/11

Fall Into Reading Challenge is hosted by Callapidder Days. Each Wednesday, she will post a different question.

This week's question:

How much do book reviews influence your decision to acquire and/or read a book?


A good cover, or bad one, can make or break whether I add a book to my TBR list or basket of library books. But a review can very often affect whether I will read a book. If I am attracted to a cover, as I scroll/read through my Google Reader, I will often take the time to read the review. If it sounds like I won't like it, or if the reader really disliked it, I will often just skip it and not add it to my list. There are way to many books out there to waste time on books that other bloggers disliked, especially because I often follow bloggers/reviewers because their interests are similar to mine.

0 comments: