Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Faves - 03/30/12


 
Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's Friday so that makes it time to look back over our week and look for those things we are grateful for. It may be big or it may be small and you have to dig for it, but there are always things we can be thankful for. Please join us as we share our favorite five. If you need the guidelines they are here



1. Daddy's Birthday My father turned 63 this past week. The family enjoyed a nice dinner out on Sunday and then I called him on his actual birthday to sing. He is such a wonderful, outgoing, kind, funny man...I have been blessed more than I can express.

2.  Painless and quick.  I had an annual doctor's appointment this week.  Not only did they get me in and out quickly, but it was essentially painless for the first time ever with this doctor. To explain why would definitely fall into that "TMI" category, so I won't. Let's just leave it at, "for that I am grateful."

3. Not walking around the lake. It just so happens that a woman was jumped for the first time EVER near the very lake that I had been walking around last week. She was walking at like 8pm (dark), alone, on an isolated stretch, walking in an unlit area, wearing headphones, and unaware of her surroundings. Of course, that by no means makes it acceptable, but come on...some common sense please! The cops are, of course, now on high alert and patrolling the area which is good. But I'm just glad I didn't push myself to walk this past week despite the colder weather.

4. Another performance. My a cappella performance this weekend was lots of fun and a total success. There was a tour going on that day for new clients, so we got to sing to a bunch of new folks too.  Now we are taking a couple of weeks off, which is lovely, and regrouping for a totally different kind of gig in May. It's a birthday party and we are free to do whatever music strikes us. We are working up some new songs and are looking forward to trying it out. Can't wait!

5. Another show, another membership drive. We are opening a new show tonight at the Footlight Club, Andrew Lippa's Wild Party. I hear it is fabulous and I am psyched to see it. I am also starting my second annual membership drive. Last year, we beat the previous year's number by a considerable amount. I hope to figure out a way to do as well, or better, this year but I don't have any great new ideas.  Suggestions?

One final thought: I have joined the A to Z Challenge...which starts this Sunday, April 1st and requires a post a day, through the alphabet letters, throughout April. I'm nervous, but excited. Having to blog every day scares me!  Please stop by to see how I actually do and to offer encouragement.





0 comments: