Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Armchair BEA 2012 - Introduction



Well, I may be behind the proverbial 8-ball, as always, but I jumping in anyway! Hopefully there's still some room for me on the chair's headrest of something...

Ok, so Intros are in order:

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

Hi, I'm Shannon. I've been blogging about a year and a half...though that is somewhat debatable... But for all intensive purposes, I've been around since January of 2011. I got into blogging because I read and I talk, a lot, and figured I might as well merge the two.

2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

Currently, I am reading Trauma: My Life as an Emergency Surgeon by James Cole. It's pretty interesting. So far, I haven't read much this year...but my favorite has to be Following Atticus by Tom Ryan. Animals, hiking, New England...it has it all.

3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

Uh...I am a newly wed. I just got married in January (though I've been with him for about six years now). He is kind of shy, so I refer to him in my blog as "hubby".

4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?

I'm still discovering things, finding my place with the blog...so for now, I'll say the reviews.

5. Where do you see your blog in five years?

Goodness, who knows?! Hopefully with a few more followers!


6. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?

My reading tastes, no not really. What I actually read, yes. I still like what I like: some fiction, lots of memoirs, some YA and children's, more memoirs, and some historical fictions. And more memoirs.  But before blogging, I sort of read whatever crossed my hands. Now that I am blogging, I have focused more on my Shelfari list and, frankly, there are just way too many options. I had accepted some ARC's which were not on my list and, while I enjoyed them, I felt like I wasted time with them. So, I try to read only what I find important enough to put on my TBR list - which mind you is 5,000+ strong! 

What's that old saying?

"The good Lord put me on the earth to read a certain number of books, and at this rate I will never die..."
(thank goodness!)
 


So, there's my five intro questions! I'll try to catch up on all of yours soon!

Enjoy the Armchair!

3 comments:

vikk simmons said...

You're not the only one late to the party. You beat me. :) Looking forward to exploring your blog.

Kelly said...

Everyone who's late to the party is making me feel better about being late myself! I can't imagine a TBR list of 5000+ - so many books!!

Nice to meet you Shannon!

Kelly
Radiant Shadows

The Perpetually Annoyed said...

congrats on getting married!
Nice to meet you
Chelle