Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Salon - 10/20/13



If you are interested in other Salon posts, visit the Facebook page to get links.


Life
This weekend is our Hole-a-ween party! I'm getting excited. 

Most of the house work we planned has gotten done and we have a few days left to finish up. We've removed all of the caterpillar-puke, baby-diaper mess colored rugs and painted most of the rooms, after managing to talk ourselves into removing a 12 foot span of the wall between the kitchen and living room. The house is so much brighter and feels much bigger and welcoming! This pic is kind of dark (and mid-process, so piles of stuff are everywhere) but trust me it's great!

 
I even ordered some adorable gingham curtains for the kitchen (eventually the wall beneath the chair rail will be red), just hoping they arrive before the weekend. Come on Overstock.com! 

I've got some fun plans for the party...deviled spider eggs, mummy-dogs, and an awesome homemade chili! It won't be a huge crowd this year, but it will be tons of fun and everyone is excited to see our hole! Ha! I'm thinking I will either go as a "hole-in-one" or "whole lotta love" (Led Zepplin).  Either way I've got to get started on that!


Books and Blogging
I have been battling burn out much of this year. Since the summer, I've barely read anything (in fact, the only thing I've been able to focus on this month is...a bit strange! You're gonna have to stop by for tomorrow's meme to find out what though! Ha!)

Add to that all our busy weekends on the home front and, well, it just isn't looking promising for any of my 2013 challenges. We've still got a couple of months left, of course, but...I'm pretty much going to need a miracle considering my 'normal' reading speed.  

Oh well, 2014 is just around the corner! And next year I'll be able to focus more on blog activities, hopefully.

Hope you have a great week!
S




0 comments: