Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Mailbox - 05/12/14





Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

 **********************

Let's face reality, shall we?!

I am cheap. I'm a couponer at heart, what can I say? Libraries and I are best friends. I collect ARCs and Netgalleys when I can. I rarely spend money on books, unless I can get a bag for like $2, and even that is rare.

That said, I received not one but two gift certificates for my birthday this past week. While I could have spent that money on lots of things, I caved (knowing I would be traveling for Memorial Day weekend) and bought a bunch of ebooks, including:

Off Balance - Dominique Moceanu

Called: "Hello, my name is Mrs. Jefferson. I understand your plane is being hijacked?"
- Lisa Jefferson

Dirty Bombshell - Lorna Brunelle

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

Ham: Slices of Life - Sam Harris

My (not so) Storybook Life - Liz Owen

Newtown: An American Tragedy - Matthew Lysiak

And

To Selena, With Love - Chris Perez

Almost everything on my #1 rating TBR list!  And, I still have some funds left...in case something awesome comes up.  Let's just say my friends and family are generous people.

I certainly will not lack for things to do over the long weekend as I sit by the lake!






2 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Looks like you had fun shopping! I listened to TFIOS and enjoyed it.

Elizabeth said...

ENJOY your reading week!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Mailbox Monday