Sunday, October 05, 2014

Sunday Salon - 10/5/14




If you are interested in other Salon posts, visit the Facebook page to get links.


Life:

And hello friends!  I hope your week was good. Same crap different day here. :)

Got a 2nd interview, later this week..

Purely Vocals went into the studio Friday to record our CD. We are not planning on selling them or anything, so it was real free-form and flexible.  We got 8 songs down over two hours (again, not selling it, its just for us). And we had a ton of fun!

No progress on the hubby/music thing.

I did have a check in with the CPAP doc a couple of weeks ago and he gave me a hard time...I had gained 12 pounds since our last meeting. Twelve pounds!! I admit I had to go home and weigh myself...I just couldn't believe it - uh...ooops! So I've buckled down these past weeks and tried to walk every other day or so and have seriously cut my sweets intake (the real problem, let's be honest shall we?!). I have been adamant that I am NOT after weight loss... I never, ever loss weight from working out. In fact, I usually gain muscle and therefore pounds, "FAILURE"! So, I am just focusing on "eating healthier" and "being more active", very doable goals.  And if I loss weight, terrific!


Blogging

I've had a few good couponing trips and have all kinds of intentions of posting them...and just haven't had time or focus. In fact, the only posts I seem to get up regularly are the Tuesday Tunes/Lyrics...and that is because I can set up a bunch ahead of time.  So, I am trying to buckle down a bit more and get ahead on all my posts, like I was before, so that I won't fall as far behind as I have been and have so many days off-line.

I am reading away and have some reviews to catch up on still. They are coming, I promise.

And I am almost done with this really good book! I honestly didn't think I would like it as much. But The Martian by Andy Weir has really sucked me in. I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next.  And frankly, it's been quite a while since any book has done that!! I look forward to posting a review soon.



0 comments: