Friday, March 27, 2015

A Day In The Life - Friday, March 27th, 2015 - Live Feed...(kinda)


Trish at Love, Laughter, and Insanity is hosting a fun event today — she asked book bloggers to record a day’s activities and share them.


Continued...


12:10: Still no word from hubby...either he has not gotten the email or he has accepted his fate of either staying late at work on Friday, or sitting in his car in the rain until I get home. Lunch: num, num.

12:20: (Sitting at my desk contemplating how much I appreciate Pandora, it keeps me sane at work,..) Cell phone rings. Expect its hubby, but no. Its... "Florida". Decide I don't want to speak with Florida today and send it directly to voice mail.

12:30: Time to change departments. How many times have you ever left a job and found yourself in a new job, fully responsible for maintaining BOTH jobs for months?! Only at my company!  Oh well, today is my last day being split "50/50". Starting next week I will only be in the old department one afternoon a week.  So...pack up my desk, laptop, bags, etc. Clean up for the weekend. Coat on and leave my building, trudge down "the hill" to another building, and find a spot in a conference room where I can plug in and work.

2:08: Despite breaking for lunch, never actually ate. Worked out well as the old department was having an event and had ordered food. Unfortunately, the caterer screwed up and thought the event was tomorrow. The new Admin, handled it well and they manged to get us pasta, chicken and rice meal with salad and rolls only about an hour late. We dealt with it and the students helped entertain the guests until all was ready. Food was pretty good (scampi saved for tomorrow's lunch).

2:45:  Have a 3:00 meeting with one of my new PI's (faculty), must find a place to sit and use a phone...

3:20:  Went quicker than I expected. Answering emails and solving grant issues until I can sneak out to hurry home to let hubby in the house.  Blah, blah, blah (work stuff)

Chinese food for dinner, hubby says.




More to come!






0 comments: