Thursday, February 21, 2019

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and not so bookish bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise.


1. For a short week, this one is dragging a bit...isn't it?! #comeonweekend!


2. RIP Peter Tork.


For those of you who are saying... "Who?" You might remember him as "the blond one".





3. If you work, does your company provide any staff appreciation events? If so...do they do it well? How important is staff morale where you work? How might you handle a substantial cut in support, but still having to serve the same number of people with an event that doesn't negatively effect staff morale (even if the balance of funds is being transferred to a valuable cause)?

Just asking for a friend.

4. The Ezra Jack Keats Foundation, in partnership with the de Grummond Children's Literature Collection at The University of Southern Mississippi, announced the winners for the 2019 Ezra Jack Keats Award:


The 2019 Ezra Jack Keats Award winner for Writer is:
John Sullivan , for Kitten and the Night Watchman

Illustrated by Taeeun Yoo 
Published by Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books


The 2019 Ezra Jack Keats Award winner for Illustrator is:
Oge Mora , for Thank you, Omu!

Written by Oge Mora 
Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

4. Do you listen to the radio/internet radio at work? If so, what station do you use? I am still using Pandora, but wonder how outdated I am.

5. I definitely have to find a way to get more sleep at night. I am a bonafide night owl, who has to get up at 6 a.m. for my work commute five days a week. But even when I am wiped out, I still have trouble getting to sleep before about 11 p.m. Every day I am increasingly more tired until the weekend comes and I can sleep in to catch up. I'd be frustrated...if I wasn't so tired.

6. "Hate groups in US at highest level in 2 decades," according to an organization that tracks white supremacists and other far-right extremists. 'Nough said.

0 comments: