Friday, February 08, 2019

Salinger 2.0 (19)

https://www.biography.com/people/jd-salinger-9470070
News agencies are reporting that J.D. Salinger’s son and widow will be publishing his past 50 years or so of unpublished works. According to his son, his father wanted him to "pull it together" and share it.

I enjoyed Cather in the Rye in high school but haven't ready anything else by him. Have you had the opportunity to read more? What are your thoughts?

I'm not sure if I should be excitedly waiting...or just mildly aware that this is occurring.

I guess time will tell.

2 comments:

Jeane said...

Catcher in the Rye is still among my favorites, though I haven't read it in a long time. I've also read Franny and Zooey- it wasn't nearly as good in my opinion. I don't know if I'd seek these out or not, but I like knowing they'll be out there.

Shannon said...

I agree totally. Not sure I'll read more...but its nice to know I can. Thanks for commenting! -S