Thursday, February 14, 2019

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts


Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and not so bookish bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise.


1. Happy Valentine's Day - Hoping your evening is full of dinner out and romantic movies...even if you enjoy those things with your biggest fan, yourself! Hubby and I will do Valentines, and a late celebration of our 7th anniversary, tomorrow night. I much prefer my celebrations over the weekend.

2. Looking forward to the long weekend, how about you?

3. Heading to my parents this weekend so hubby can help with some computer issues. Then, we're all heading to Rio for dinner...

Rio Brazilian Steakhouse that is. Fabulous!!

I gave my parents an IOU for a family dinner and we are going to make it count...definitely wearing my stretchy pants!

4. A faculty member at the Conservatory, a professional in Alexander Technique, has offered to help me learn a few Alexander tricks that may help me alleviate some long-term neck and shoulder pain. I am hoping she has the magic trick as all previous efforts to find relief have failed (including actual physical therapy). I'll keep you updated!

5. I started using a Happy Planner this year and so far have kept up with it (despite my travels). I am still using my Google calendar, but am trying to focus on both creating a snapshot of weeks/months to come and creating a memory book for future years. There are so many planner videos on YouTube it's crazy. But I have quickly learned to filter what is useful, and what is too over-the-top for me, so that my time, effort, and results are in line with what I need and want. Is anyone else a planner person?

6. I find it interesting that some books take me a while to get through, even if I am really enjoying them, while others I just slice through like butter. My current read, Suburban Junkie, is flying by (two days in and I am about halfway done). Strange.

7. After 20-something years, hubby is exploring new work opportunities. His company has...let's be nice and not say "a policy", but rather "a history" of ushering older workers out the door. Recent events have looked uncomfortably familiar, so he is trying to open some doors. Wish him luck!

0 comments: