Monday, November 21, 2011

Friday's Fave Five - 11/18/11



Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's Friday so that makes it time to look back over our week and look for those things we are grateful for. It may be big or it may be small and you have to dig for it, but there are always things we can be thankful for. Please join us as we share our favorite five. If you need the guidelines they are here


Goodness, between the Veteran's Day holiday, my computer dying and a crazy busy week last week preparing to go on vacation this week...I just never got around to blogging! So, I've got Fave Fives to catch up on!


1. Seussical!  My theater's production of Seussical opened this month. I didn't take part in this production, so I got a chance to watch it when I was there covering my Membership sales table...and it was great! What a fabulous show, great casting and lots of fun. I am so proud of everyone and the hard work they put in. It really shows!

2. Membership Sales.  I was able to add a few membership sales to my theater's 2011-2012 numbers. I am very proud of what I've accomplished this year, having gone well above last year's numbers!  I am already looking forward to next year's drive beginning in February.


3. "Your Submission Has Been Sent". These are the cherished words I get to see when a grant is finally done and sent at Tufts University.  I have put out 5 of them this month, but still have about 5 more to go...  That's more than I did last year in total!


4. Singing with my gals. After a few weeks rest, we started up rehearsals again for my a cappella group. I often whine about having to leave the comfort of my house on Sunday evening, but once I'm there I have a great time and just love, Love, LOVE singing with these women!  


5. Good X-Rays. Had my final doctor appointment in regard to my broken foot Monday and got the "all clear" from the doctor.  I have just one final PT appointment left and then I am 'home program'...ie on my own.  I still have a lot of muscle rebuilding to do, but I have gotten SO much better these past months. I am thrilled!


6. Dinner & a show with friends.  The fiance and I are headed to dinner and a performance by Spyro Gyro this weekend. Very exciting as we rarely go out like this. The music is more for him than me, but it makes him happy so it's worth it.

7. Bagging up the leaves.  Ok, maybe not so much the process of bagging the leaves, but having the leaves bagged...and one more winter-prep item off our list.

8.  VACATION!  When I leave work today, I am on vacation until after the holiday weekend. I am so excited, and ready, for some time off I can't tell you! Having been out of work for weeks after breaking my foot, I felt bad requesting time off to rest (I worked from home the whole time). So, I've had no vacation time this year at all!  I AM READY!!!

9. My daddy.  Nothing specific occurred this week around him, but a friend's father recently died and I am once again reminded how very, very lucky I am! My father is most definitely the funniest, most awesome Dad on the earth.  More than once I came home from work or school to find a friend hanging out with my Dad having a grand old time and gotten the "Oh, your here...(insert the slightly noticeable sound of disappointment in the voice)."  As our parents get older, I am thankful every day that my parents were *horny teenagers* and had me young!

10. Holidays.  I am so excited for the holidays. I love Thanksgiving!  This year we are headed to my family's celebration, rather than the fiance's... And though I will truly miss hanging out with his family, who are super nice, I'm really excited about having a day with my parents and brother and extended family. It will be a nice change from the hurried run-in-run-out holidays we have had the past few years.


Needless to say, I have a lot to be thankful for this year! What about you?

0 comments: