Monday, November 21, 2011

Sunday Salon - 11/20/11




11/20/11
Goodness, what a couple of weeks!

Work was outrageously crazy busy (I've sent more grants this month along than I have the whole 2 years I've been there!). And, knowing I would be on vacation this week, I was trying to get everyone caught up and prepared.


Ever notice you have to work time and a half the week before you go on vacation to prepare and then time and a half the week you are back to catch up from your vacation?! What, exactly, is the point of going...it adds to your work time!!!

Course, now that I am on vacation its wonderful! :)   


No plans to go anywhere, just resting and catching up on all of the unpacking I never got to do because of my broken foot. This weekend I actually moved a bunch of boxes that were still sitting in my living room (after 8 months) down to the basement and then unpacked about 10 boxes of books. Its finally beginning to resemble a home and not a storage unit!


Then, my computer died. It seemed to be working, but the monitor kept saying "no signal". First we thought it was a virus, but Norton said no.  Then, we thought it might be the monitor, but its pretty new and rarely used.  Then we decided it was the computer itself. , Thank God for fiance who knows what he's doing, he replaced the motherboard and...voila, I'm back online and can finally balance my checkbook. Yippee!



I've been reading in the few evening hours after I got home from work (you know, before I passed out from exhaustion) and have a few reviews to catch up on. But it may take me a little while, with the holiday taking up a chunk of this week.


I will be spending Thanksgiving with my family, which is a nice change from the past few years when I've spent them with the fiance's family with run-in-run-out hellos to my family. I'm really excited to see them, to sit and enjoy our time together and to share turkey and other goodies with them.

I love Thanksgiving! How about you?

0 comments: