Thursday, February 02, 2012

January 2012 ReCap...

Courtesy of http://www.chaoticcompendiums.com/

January 2012 Update

It was a not a great reading month for me.  Typically, between all my other activities and goings on, I can read minimum one book a week.  Some months are better and some are worse. But, on average, 50-60 books a year is my norm.

But January 2012 held a couple of zingers!

First, I discovered the loss of a dear old friend. This, quite frankly, ruined two weeks for me. I could barely think of anything else for days.

Then, a surprise wedding...mine! This ate up at least another week and a half. So, in theory, I should have finished 1/2 a book give or take. I finished two. So I'm ahead of the game, right?

Alright, two books in a month is ridiculously little. But I'm already well into my second of February, so I am trying to make up for the slow month. Hopefully by year's end I will be able to catch up and maybe surpass last year's numbers (which was, admittedly, a low count as well). Too much life and not enough reading!

This month I read:

Total Read: 2
Adult: 2
YA/children's: 0
Abandoned: 0

YTD -2


Including:
The Puppy Diaries: Raising a Dog Named Scout (Jill Abramson)
Out of the Blue (Susan Henderson)

Challenges:
Memorable Memoirs = 1 of 10+
Support Your Local Library Challenge = 1 of 37+
Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge = 0 of 50 (2011) + 15
E-Book Reading Challenge = 0 of 5
A-Z Book Challenge 2012 = 1 of 26
What's in a Name Challenge = 0 of 5  
This entry was posted in

0 comments: