Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Back to the real world...

After two glorious weeks of time off, I had to return to the real world! 

I returned to work on Monday and have spent the past few days catching up and solving all those crazy problems that everyone saved until I went on vacation (including that grant rebudget that has been sitting on my desk for over a year!).

Oh well...

Just as I began feeling caught up (or at least on control of the chaos), we finally got the ok to redo our offices - which is awesome! But, that means that for the next two weeks (while my coworker is on vacation herself), I will be not able to enter my offce as they are ripping out asbestos tiles, painting and putting in new carpeting. 

Crap!

Again, oh well...  In two weeks, it will all be worth it.

And then, shortly after that, the students will be returning and all hell will break loose! 

Gotta love my job.

Anyway, vacation was barely productive. I did have a yard sale and donated everything that did not sell, which opened up our porch...ice tea and reading on the porch is awesome!!  I did read quite a bit, though for some reason didn't finish many books.  I cleaned a lot and did some long awaited yard work.

I did not, however, paint or rip out rugs at all... BUMMER!!! 

So, now I am trying to motivate the hubby to work with me to get this done before the cold weather hits (painting/rugs inside AND the outside of the house needs scrapping and painting...any chance we'll get another warm winter like last year?!). It's not going to happen soon though, this weekend is a big Purely Vocals gig and next weekend is our wedding reception. 

Did I mention I started a blog for PV? If not, please go check it out (just what I need, more to do, right?! - lol).

The reception planning is coming along great (flowers, dessert, tables/chairs, etc. - check). But its going to be a crazy busy weekend.

As I said, oh well...  It's going to be a busy month, but its gearing up to be a memorable one! I'll try to be better about blogging to keep everyone informed.

Cheers,
Shannon



2 comments:

Jeremy Bates said...

Ah, a working vacation! Don't ya just love 'em?

It reminds me of the one I had before I moved to Manila. I had a gazillion DVD's and they were on a low shelf in the front yard.

I had some shifty character types keeping my eyes full, when all of a sudden a busty blonde with a low cut blouse asks to buy 5 DVD's. She handed me a $100 bill and I gave her $80 in change.

Sadly, those breastises distracted me and I took a counterfeit in. I gave it to the local PD. who in turn asked me for two...er, a description. Seems Ms. Hooter's had been making the rounds at garage sales and drive-up fast food joints.

Rhonda Parrish said...

I love vacation but I hate the re-adjustment period that comes after them when I have to slip myself back into 'The Real World'. Good luck getting all your projects done before winter comes, I'm in a similar boat and not very optimistic LOL

~ Rhonda Parrish