Sunday, December 01, 2013

Sunday Salon - 12/01/13



If you are interested in other Salon posts, visit the Facebook page to get links.


Life
What up, bloggies?! 

How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was busy, but pretty darn yummy! Two families, two meals...more than one pie! Ha!

Along with completing a bunch of errands, this week of vacation was spent rekindling old hobbies. I pulled out some knitting stuff and played around a bit. I've yet to EVER complete a project, but what the heck, fiddling is fun.  I also dragged out my guitar, which I haven't played I years. I still play terribly, I just CANNOT strum to save my life!  Anyone play and have THE magic trick? Regardless, I had a good time pretending.

Also, hubby and I finally went out and bought a crock pot. Now, let's be clear...I am a terrible cook. Seriously, I burn water!  The agreement is that he cooks and I clean! But, I've been imagining opening the freezer, pulling out a plastic bag of goodies,  tossing it in the pot, and surprise...delicious, hot dinner when I get home from work. This week I tried a beef stew, corned beef and cabbage, and spinach lasagne. Let's just say that cooking is a learned skill. Honestly, nothing was terrible, but none of it was amazing either. Let's hope it gets better. Then I just need to teach hubby how to use the vacuum, ha!

Books and Blogging

I am still reading Everything is Perfect When You're A Liar by Kelly Oxford. I expected to read more this week, but just never got to it much because of being too busy (yeh, watching TV perhaps). This weekend I also started Moby Dick. I am constantly on myself to read more classics and figured, I've got to start somewhere! I figure if I read a chapter a day, I will eventually get through it. Right?!

One chapter down...

What about you, what are you challenging yourself to this month?!

Shannon


0 comments: