Wednesday, December 18, 2013

To ReRead, or Not To ReRead...That is the question!

Sorry, no reviews today. How about a question instead...

To reread or not to reread? That is the question!

There are several books on my list which I would love to go back and reread! I like to take my time, let the prose wash over my brain, and allow myself to re-experience the book anew.

But will I?

Not likely. At least, no time soon. I have a very large, and ever growing, TBR list. Seriously, check it out.... I'll wait. With upwards of 6800 books on my list, and an average reading of 4-6 books a month, let's do the math, shall we?

6800 books divided by (5 books times 12 months a year) = 113 years!!!

Seriously, one hundred and thirteen years! Perhaps I better start that exercise and vitamins regimen!

This tells us a few things:

1) I definitely need to take a look at my list, perhaps be a bit more picky, and clean it up some
2) I've got to prioritize rereading an awesome classic vs. a potentially mediocre new title
and
3) time for rereading is not currently in the game plan!


What about you? Do you reread? And if so, how do you find the time?!


1 comments:

Ciska said...

I actually do. I schedule them in like I schedule my other books. If I put the one book I really want to re read next to a new book I might like and the re-read wins I will read.

Good luck with setting priorities on your TBR pile!!