Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday Salon - 12/22/13



If you are interested in other Salon posts, visit the Facebook page to get links.


Life
Ho, ho, ho, bloggies!

Christmas week is finally here!  The past two days have been chock-full of catching up on house chores (that had been neglected due to gigs), holiday parties, cooking, and Christmas shopping. The presents are bought, the cards were sent, and we are just about ready for the big guy in red to arrive.  Just have to wrap gifts and prepare stockings.

Though the snow is not really white any more, it's still here...despite the 50-60 degree weather. But, at least the year has turned and we are heading into spring (at least in terms of the minutes of sunlight a day) and, frankly, I am thrilled! Winter is not my favorite!

I tried my hand again at the crock pot thing today, this time cooking beef stroganof. It was very good,  a little more liquididy than it should be, but surprisingly good regardless. And I expect it will thicken up over night. Definitely my best effort so far!


Books and Blogging

I'm currently reading Five Days at Memorial by Serri Fink, which is a great read so far. I continue my Moby Dick efforts, though not as aggressively as I had hoped. But I haven't given up yet! I did a pretty good job of preparing posts for the holiday season and therfore haven't fallen too far behind despite being busy. I am hoping to continue this into the new year as it takes much of the stress out of blogging for me!

What about you? Do you prepare posts ahead of time or do you blog each day?


Well bloggies, I wish each and every one of you a very, merry holiday week. If you celebrate Christmas, I hope Santa is good to you and you get to spend lots of time with friends, family and those you love. If you can, volunteer at a soup kitchen or in some other place where you can share your good fortune with those who don't have quite as much.

Peace.
Shannon


0 comments: