Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and not so bookish bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise.

1. Looks like fun, so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon... I like bands. And wagons.
 
2. Have you heard that they are making Room by Emma Donoghue into a movie? Sounds like fun... I just hope the movie does the book justice, as they rarely do!

3. Last week, we had several amazing, spring days.  Then, two days later, we awoke to...snow! This past weekend was two awesome 70-degree days. Today, its windy and in the 40's. Like a kick to the groin, I tell you. Come on summer!

4. I even know all the words to "Let the Sun Shine In" (by Pebbles Flintstone and Bambam Rubble) and It's a Sunshine Day (by the Brady Bunch kids). I am seriously ready baby!
 
5. I've signed up for this weekend's Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon (heck, if I'm laying awake anyway...). I've got a handful more Netgalleys I've signed up for and have been itching to get back to library reading. And my damned TBR list just keeps growing and growing! Other than housework and reading, I don't currently have much planned for Saturday, hopefully I can put a major dent in my pile.

6. After months of constant exhaustion, the doctor finally decided that, like many Americans, I have sleep apnea. I've always been a snorer and am lucky to sleep four hours a night uninterrupted. I did a home sleep study and learned that I stopped breathing 14 times in one night alone. Fourteen times! Holy-crapoly!!! I picked up the fancy CPAP (continuous positive air pressure) machine this week and the first night of use, I got even less sleep! I'm told they take a while to get used too, but seriously...I was already exhausted, with this thing I can barely focus! Cut my sleep by another couple hours and I am a reduced to walking-zombie status. I continue my efforts to acclimate, but have decided to wait until the weekend to push the limits.


7. Does every politician now have to write a book?! Seriously?! Nothing against Elizabeth Warren (or any other specific politician), but maybe if they spent less time writing about themselves and more time managing business-at-hand, the country would be a better place!

8. My boss always remembers Administrator's Day, every year. This year he gave me a beautiful orange flower. Not being a plant person, I have no clue what it is...or how to care for it. But man or man is it pretty! #goodboss




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Welcome to the wagon!
2. I did hear that - wondering how they will capture the voices that were done so well in the book.
6. A friend went through same thing. Battled with the machine for quite a while (it did help) but eventually had surgery which was successful.