Friday, December 02, 2011

Friday's Fave Five - 12/2/11

Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's Friday so that makes it time to look back over our week and look for those things we are grateful for. It may be big or it may be small and you have to dig for it, but there are always things we can be thankful for. Please join us as we share our favorite five. If you need the guidelines they are here

1. They're done! We finally sent the last of the November grants at work this past week.  As previously noted, November alone has been busier than my complete two years with Tufts!  I am exhausted, but I'm glad they are sent. Now we just hope that some of them are funded!

2. The calm between the storms.Thanksgiving was crazy and I expect Christmas to be similarly busy, so this week's relative calm (particularly at work) was very welcomed.


3. Direct Deposit. As you may remember, I mentioned changing all my bank accounts over recently. I was thrilled to finally see my direct deposit from work finally go in successfully. My last check was mailed, and I had forgotten to change my address when I moved in April, so I had to do a bit of chasing. But everything seems to be in line now.


4. Holiday Parties.  I am looking forward to holiday celebrations this week. Extended family will be visiting and it will be nice to see them. Also, we've decided to do our first holiday party at work in a couple weeks. Now I've just got to get planning!


5. Holiday entertainment. I'm excited that tonight is my theater's annual holiday show, entitled A Carol Christmas, which is always a funny and joyful celebration of the holidays.  And, its two-day run is already 100% sold out!  What a fabulous way to open the Christmas season!

0 comments: