Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Let’s Talk Music!

Music Meme

(borrowed from Life...with Books  who borrowed it from others who borrowed it from others...)

This is right up my alley...

1.  What’s the most annoying song in the world? There are too many to pick one...


2.  What’s the saddest song in the world? I recall distinctly standing in my mother's bedroom in the mid-70's and crying hysterically to the song Wildfire by Michael Martin Murphey about a pony who runs away in a blizzard and who's owner dies from heartbreak looking for him (or something like that). I was no more 5 or 6 years old.  My mother was terrified, if I remember correctly, thinking I was hurt or something. I was a sensitive child...
 
3.  What’s the sexiest song in the world? I would have to say Juicyfruit, a 1980's hit by Mtune:

"I’ve had a few
But not that many
But you’re the only love
That gives me good and plenty..."



4.  Name a new, to you, band or music artist that you can’t get enough of. I can't get enough Miranda Lambert. Though she isn't really new, that girl can write!

5.  Have you met any famous musicians? Uh, yes... I performed my first show with my theater, The Footlight Club, in the 1980's (I was about 13) and one of the little boys in my show's kid group, Joseph McIntyre, would go on to New Kids on the Block fame. His family is still involved in the theater, so every once in a while he pops in for a show.

6.  What song best describes your life? I have to think about this one...



7.  How important is your partner’s taste in music to you? Not very, to either of us. Hubby spent years perfecting and eventually teaching speed metal guitar.  He is also really into jazz. I have interest in neither. He has no interest in my country fixation, but he puts up with it because he's a good guy.


8.  Do you sing in the shower? Yes, all the time.

9.  What was the last live music show you attended?  Did you buy a T-shirt?  My last live show was my own, but from the t-shirt question I am assuming that is not what you mean, so... I rarely go to shows, I just hate crowds and having to wait to get out of parking lots!  But, last summer I turned 40 and everyone figured tickets were a great gift. So I saw the Eagles/Dixie Chicks/Keith Urban show, the Tim McGraw/Lady Antebellum show, and Lilith Fair. I bought t-shirts at none.
10.  What’s the sweetest song in the world? The sweetest song I can think of is the lullaby my mother used to sing to my sister and I when we were babies, All The Pretty Horses.


11.  Can you play a musical instrument?  I can play some basic piano and guitar. I am fluent in neither. I am, however, a very good singer.

12.  Are you in a band or are you a performing solo music artist?  If yes, what kind of music do you play? I sing in a four-woman a Capella group called Purely Vocals. We sing a variety of songs from the 1940's to the 1980's, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. I also sing solo, but live performances are rare.



13.  Have you ever dated a musician? Yes, still do.

14.  Are you a groupie? Depends on how you define "groupie". I don't follow anyone around insanely.

Bonus:  If you listen to the radio, what station and type of music are you tuned to the most? I listen to 102.5 Cat Country (country music) most of the time. Otherwise, it's either local soft rock or classic rock stations.

0 comments: