Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunday Salon - 10/23/11



10/23/11
A bit behind this week. My fiance has my computer unplugged while he works on another, so I was without it this weekend.

I had jury duty this week (...ah the beloved American tradition, right up there with apple pie, no?!).  Though I haven't been called in years,  I was called shortly after I moved in April ('don't it figure'), and since I don't look particularly good in stripes, I wasn't about to no-show.


My paperwork was clear that I had moved, but the court officer left it to the judge.  After sitting through introductions, the video, a break, the case explanation/questions and being told that the case would last 2 and 1/2 weeks minimum(!), the judge asked if anyone thought there was reason they should not sit on the jury. Nor surprisingly, I was one of the few who did not respond. 


At that point, I thought for sure I was stuck. But I was one of the first folks called and was released for the day because I am in a different county and therefore out of their jurisdiction. Thank goodness! I don't mind doing my share for my country and all...but 2 and 1/2 weeks, seriously?!


My membership drive is holding steady but our next production, Seussical, is coming up quickly. I hope to build my numbers by at least a few more!



I also had a private performance with my a cappella group Saturday, which went very well. And Sunday was another fix-the-house day. So this week was a slow reading week. I hope to finish the book I'm currently reading tonight and move on to a YA/children's novel I've been wanting to read for years, Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff.


What are you reading this week?

0 comments: