Sunday, October 02, 2011

Sunday Salon - 10/2/11

10/2/11
Happy Sunday everyone!



I've never in my life had any issues with allergies... No hay fever, food allergies, nothing, nada.  Then, about 2-3 years ago, I suddenly began experiencing allergy attacks (5-10 minute sneezing fits followed by terribly itchy eyes, which I just could not avoid touching, which in turn made them swell up like balloons, along with running nose and eyes, etc.). After accusing everything in my home of causing them, and being able to confirm nothing, I finally decided that it was something I was eating...candies with hazelnuts in them. I stopped eating them and voila, bye-bye allergy attacks for over two years!

So, I was very surprised to find myself this week once again smack dab in the middle of an attack, but I swear no hazelnuts!  So, again, I'm running through the household... I've been here 6 months, and no problems whatsoever, so its not likely the air (or rugs, or the cat, etc., etc.). But, it is my first autumn here, maybe its local plants or something.  But a couple days later, I'm over it. Totally fine.  It has to be something I ate once again. Hmmm...besides the things I eat regularly, walnuts.

Have you ever heard of that - developing allergies to foods, specifically tree nuts, later in life? Well, I've got a doctor's appointment later this week to begin my journey down the allergists trail. I will be truly bummed if I am in fact developing tree nut allergies. I LOVE cashews, walnuts, pistachios, almonds, etc. But at least I will know and can avoid the horrific discomfort that comes with such an attack. Interestingly though, no problems with peanuts, which are not a tree nut. Maybe I'll get lucky there... I hope so as I eat peanut butter often.

Anyway, other than that is was a busy weekend at the theater with our production's last two days.  But, I sold several more memberships...

Current 2011-2012 membership drive totals: 248!


1 comments:

Laura M. Campbell said...

I hope you get everything straightened out at the allergist. Someone told me once that we go through changes through out our life, and it is totally possible to acquire allergies to something later in life.

I'm a huge fan of shrimp and used to stalk the shrimp bowl at holiday parties when I was younger. Now, I start to itch when I eat it. Unbelievable. Luckily, it's not as severe as your attacks, so I push through it and gobble those suckers up.