Monday, April 15, 2013

A to Z Challenge - M



Today's M posting has been changed...

Marathon

As you likely have heard, some evil, spineless, hate-monger/s preset several bombs in various trash cans within a block or two of the Boston Marathon finish line, two detonated killing three two (so far) and sending approximately 170! 80 to local hospitals.


I woke this morning with every intent to attend, taking my camera in to practice photographing people.  I even drove to the T, but found the lot full. Thank God. Rather than make the drive to another T station, I choose to head home and take pictures at the lake down the street. I was photographing a grave yard, unaware, when my phone rang...

Me: Hello?
Hubby: That's all I needed to hear...

I am extremely grateful tonight to say that I am alive and well, sitting in bed with the kitty, sadly watching the horrific news. Most of my friends have checked in, most specifically those who were working the marathon in various ways.  Everyone seems fine. I am very thankful...

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were hurt and the families and friends of the dead.

God bless Boston.






0 comments: