Friday, April 06, 2012

Friday Faves - 04/06/12


 
Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's Friday so that makes it time to look back over our week and look for those things we are grateful for. It may be big or it may be small and you have to dig for it, but there are always things we can be thankful for. Please join us as we share our favorite five. If you need the guidelines they are here



1. New Bathroom Look. When we bought our house, we knew we needed to do something about the Pepto-pink and black tiled bathroom, but a redo is just not in the budget at this time. So we decided to change out the pink sink and toilet for a black one, buy black rugs/shower curtain, and call it retro.  This has yet to happen, until...  

My husband came home this week and stepped on some kitty poop that had fallen out of the litter box. It smeared on the, fairly-expensive, baby-blue bathroom rug. He proceeded to hunt down the most caustic cleaner in the house (not located in the bathroom mind you, he had to dig...in the basement I think) and found a bottle of bathroom cleaner with the word BLEACH printed across the front, IN BIG LETTERS. But he "didn't realize there was bleach in it". Apparently, the blinding fumes weren't a hint either!  He poured a heaping amount on the rug and...well, you can see where this is going.  Time to go shopping for new bathroom decor!

...see how I managed to turn that into a positive?!

2.  Kitty poop.  My kitty, who is usually fastidious and crazy-clean, has been having a bit of trouble...well, pooping, this week. She is long-haired and was always been the hairball type, but she hasn't had any in a while. Well, clearly, the hairballs have become a different issue as they are trying to leave her body the natural way (thus the bathroom issue). I've been trying to figure out how assist her in "clearing out" the issue before it presents a health emergency. Online folks say give the cat Metamucil, but I am just really against giving pets human medicines. I'm growing some cat-grass, but that will take several days.  Looking for natural and safe suggestions...

...Nothing fave here, except perhaps that I have the opportunity to help her feel better, just explaining the bathroom issue.



3. Blogging success, so far. As noted last week, I joined the A to Z Challenge this week. So far, I have been successful in blogging every day.
I actually used some of the advice I read and started writing early and that has enabled me to keep up. I attempted this Challenge last year and just failed miserably. But this year I am very proud of myself...and love welcoming all my new followers!

4. Membership Drive. My theater's membership drive is in full gear and a bunch of folks have already renewed. As well, I have seen a few new membership requests come in! I am excited to see what our numbers look like this year.


5. Easter and family. This lovely weekend brings us Easter. No one in my family is particularly religious, so we use holidays such as Easter to get together, spend time with one another, and eat embarrassing amounts of food. I look forward to this immensely.


2 comments:

Susanne said...

Yes, eating embarrassing amounts seem to go hand in hand with holidays around here too!

Hope your kitty feels better. I have no suggestions for you. I know you can buy cat food that's "hairball solution". Maybe ask at a reputable pet store?

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I had to laugh at your turning a negative to a positive!!

Enjoy your family this Easter.