Friday, April 06, 2012

A to Z Challege - F


http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/2012-to-z-challenge-sign-up-list.html


F...     

I am a child/teen of the 80's.  I loved the 80's!

While high school was tough (wasn't it for just about everyone?), the 80's were truly a great time to grow up.

Rap and punk. Gremlins and Goonies. Walkmen and Nintendo. Microwaves and cell phones.


Plaid jackets, black patent-leather shoes with bright primary colored words on them (stop, go, up, down...seriously, I owned these!), and the creme-de-la-80's:

Friendship Bracelets!

Weren't these the coolest?! Not only were they colorful and fun, but they were really easy and cheap to make. For a few dollars in embroidery thread, you could create like 10 bracelets and share them with all your friends.


We thought we were the most creative and amazing of all generations... Little did we know we were just reinventing 1960's macrame!

Oh well, they were still fun to make and even more fun to wear!

What was your favorite decade and why?



5 comments:

Spanj said...

I was also a child in the 80s and we would spend hours and hours making friendship bracelets, either pinning one end to the arm of the sofa while watching tv, or pinning them to our jeans while we sat outside. And I still totally love The Goonies.

Laurisa White Reyes said...

I love book blogs! Glad I found yours. http://1000wrongs.blogspot.com

Horst Peters said...

My daughter made me a friendship bracelet about ten years, and was pleasantly surprised that I even wore it to work.

my favorite decade would have to be the first decade of the 21st century. I got remarried. My kids decided to come live with me. We bought a house, found a new church that my wife and I both felt we belong there, and in the later part of the decade I retired. Life is good.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I could never wear the friendship bracelet because I played sports and no jewelry was permitted. Weren't the Goonies the best? They're still cool with today's kids.

Sush said...

I have a great fondness for the eighties because my children were growing up during those years. Myself, I'm a sixties flower child. We were rockin' from the start!
Hugs~