Thursday, April 26, 2012

A to Z Challenge - W


http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/2012-to-z-challenge-sign-up-list.html



W...             Writing...  (or Reading)

I have noticed that many of the A to Z Challenge bloggers are aspiring authors. Well duh, perhaps, but for some reason this surprised me. I honestly thought that more folks out there were focused on their blogging subject (couponing, books, being mommies) than the actual writing.

Because here's my dirty-little-blogging-secret....  I'm a reader, not a writer. 
 
I started my blog because I like to read and talk, though not necessarily in that order.  I saw other blogs and thought, "Hey, I can do that...and I've read some great books!"  The writing piece never really occurred to me.

And honestly, I don't always enjoy writing posts...sometimes I just want to read the book and be done with it. Of course, I usually come around once I've got the general post done and am finally seeing what others will hear. I enjoy hitting "publish".

I have had folks compliment my writing (besides my mother, I mean).  Most recently, a professor in graduate school mentioned how much she liked my writing. She said she appreciated the light-hearted and friendly voice in which I write. I was extremely flattered because I'm not sure I ever really think about the quality of my writing, I just sort of...spew. Then, I go back and clean up for clarity and grammar. 


But maybe that's what most writers are doing, in their own voice, just spewing and then cleaning up for others to see. 

Hmmm, writing.


Once upon a time...


0 comments: